Your single most significant purchase mistake?

Your most significant regret for having bought? Big expectations and an even bigger letdown? The one you kicked yourself the hardest for ever having bight 

128x128zavato

I had a N100H back in 2016. I hated it. Their conductor software was always a work in progress. Every time I powered it up, I had to hold my breath because I never knew what would happen. It always had trouble finding my router, even though the N100H was on the shelf just above it. After 2 months ownership, I sold it for half of what I paid and bought a second Sony HAPZ1ES player. Unfortunately, 6 years later, the Sony won’t turn on and I can’t find anyone to fix it. I really think that todays audio equipment is too complicated and tries to do too much.   Bring back the good old 70’s!

Sonic Frontiers Line 3 double box preamp+Iris cd transport+Processor 3 dac

Linn Karin+Numeric+Karik

JM Labs Focal Nova Utopia speakers

@cleeds & other Aurender N100H folks: I have had similar troubles, although to date Ari has got me back & running. Question: knowing this will be just a temporary component on my digital side, WITH WHAT DID YOU REPLACE the N100H?

Bryston BDP-3. It sounds great and is very stable. Of course it comes with legendary Bryston support, which unlike Aurender's one-man show actually delivers - not that you'll need it much. You can add Rigelian software if you like.

Schitt Aegir - Had a pair that would crash and burn while driving LSA Statement 10s and Fyne F501 speakers. Come to find out their advertised ratings weren't even close according to actual testing by Stereophile and Audio Science Review. After zero response from Schiit I sold them for a loss

Lumin U1 Mini - Absolutely horrible app GUI and way to dark of a sound for me. I sent it back and bought the Auralic Aries which it fantastic.