Your Forever Pieces? What and Why?

Pretty sure a number of members have some equipment they have owned forever or intend to where feasible.
Curious as to what, how long so far and why?
128x128uberwaltz

JVC QL-Y5F TT (with JVC Headshell/Cartridge)

Nakamichi Dragon CT and original arm and head.

Miller & Kreisel Volkswoofer Mk1 with Satellites (play as new)

Nakimichi 7ll CD player

Yamaha ### premium cassette player

Although I have not had equipment for decades like some of you have. My Dehavalland UV 3 is quite the keeper.
My mother does still have her Grundig reel to reel tape deck that I remember from the late 60,s.
This she plays through a Trio receiver I gave her back in 77.

Hope these count!
Given the mention of cassette decks in many of the responses, I’d thought I’d mention a currently produced deck some may wish to consider if and when their vintage deck develops a problem that isn’t worth fixing, or can’t be fixed.

The ca. 1980 Tandberg 3004 I purchased in the mid-1990s recently developed some problems, and given the expense that would be involved in getting it repaired (the SoundSmith website indicates a "maximum estimate" of $2250 for an overhaul of that very complex deck) I decided to purchase a pro-oriented dual well deck Tascam introduced just a few months ago, the 202MkVII, costing $500.

And I’ve been very pleasantly surprised with its sonics, not to mention that I expect it to provide much better reliability over the long term than the Tandberg would have if I were to get it repaired. Compared to the Tandberg (when it was working properly) there is some loss of definition in the highs, that is particularly evident on classical piano music. But that is pretty much the only significant negative I can cite regarding its sonics.

And on the other hand, I’ve just listened on the Tascam to a Connoisseur In Sync cassette I purchased in the 1980s featuring violinist Wanda Wilkomirska performing the famous Bach Chaconne and various pieces by other composers, the original recording having been made in 1974. Totally fantastic, musically and sonically! Most or all of the many cassettes that were issued on that label, btw, were duplicated in real time and on CrO2 tapes.

Also, btw, the deck provides a USB output, making it possible to do digital transfers to a computer.

Regards,
-- Al
Koetsu rosewood signature platinum with diamond cantilever. Very subtle, very refined, VTA adjustment takes it from analytical to romantic.

Most of my DIY stuff.