Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof
I'm up to $2,300. Upgrading to about $3,300 next year. Probably hit 5 g's the year after that. Not sure what will happen after that, but you see the trend. :)
I spent $10K on Magnepan 20s. I did it because I am passionate about music and for what it does for me. Some say we buy this shit to impress people; This of course is not true. It actually does the opposite.
I spent more than $5000 and i bought the B&W Silver Signature. Telling the true i'm very happy about my choice cos it's three years i own that John Bower masterpiece.
Yes this is a good limit. Get a pair of Quad ESL-63 or Audio Physic Virgos or Martin Logan Aerius (depending on someone's taste) with a e.g. a REL Stadium II subwoofer and enjoy them. You will have _about_ the best sound available around. Or try DIY speakers, Lynn Olson's Ariels, or Lowther horns with good tube amps and wonder how good they can sound. Yes it _is_ worthy to invest more if you are very rich, but for a "normal" muribund the above speakers offer cca 90% of what is available from loudspeakers for any price (if anyone can make statements like this, I'm a perfectionist :-)
<< I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another. >>  Look, who cares what others think, maybe for them its a boat or sports car or what ever. Key here is it you ears, your hobby, your excitement. Witts are not my favorites, but I do know what you hear and why you bought them. They are nice speaks. Pricy but, I also like the Watts, with subs, however again not my pick. But if every body liked the same speaks, there would only be one brand. Kind of like beer or wine. Question is: do you think your crazy? I don't. Loontoon
<< I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another. >>