Why limit yourself to one streaming service?

I’m always puzzled when I read posts from people with 10K+ systems who feel they have to choose between Tidal or Qubuz or whatever. Sign up for however many brings you more joy. That’s my two cents.

128x128m669326

I guess it depends on what genres and how obscure your music choices are. I find lots of things on Deezer, for example, that aren’t on Qubuz.

If Roon ever integrates with Deezer I might add that along with my Qobuz subscription.  I had it for years before going to Qobuz.  I think its great.

I use streaming primarily to screen recordings for purchase, so having two services wouldn't make much sense.  I switched from Qobuz to Apple because my wife wanted to stay with Apple and Apple is cheaper and "good enough" sonically.  I have also found that Apple  works much better in my car.  Qobuz kept dropping when I drove around to the point where I had stopped using it.  I use an LG Android Phone and as usual the phone company and streaming service pointed fingers at each other.

I do have a second "boutique" streaming service called Pristine Classical, that specializes in historical recordings.  So adding Tidal or something to the two services would just not make much sense

I appreciate finding out why others approach this differently. I guess that varies a lot.

One thing I've learned about people "who have the money". They have money becuase they spend less than they need to. This includes multiple subscription services including streaming. Luckily, I just share family subscriptions with my brothers on Qobuz and Roon, so I'm basically paying for one subscription while having access to both.

FWIW, I do like the sound quality on Qobuz more than Tidal, but Tidal has all the kiddie music that Qobuz does not, which keeps my son and daughter happy. :)

I started with Tidal and moved to, and prefer Qobuz, but added Amazon when Auralic started supporting it. It's cheap and the two combined are around $20 a month a small price to play for zillions of albums.