why do so many discussions turn contentious?

just venting....why do so many discussion posts need to turn  contenious and nasty?  do you guys find that constructive and/or enjoyable?  I have no clue who or how this forum is moderated, but I sure would love to see a stop to that...it makes me feel like this hobby is dominated by total jerks.

Can't we play nice, share OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS, realizing that  they often are subjective and biased.  
"if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing"?  If you wish to disagree, do it in a constructive and mature fashion, no need for "argument ad hominem"...

with all the chaff, one must waste so much time finding the wheat, figuratively speaking.  

I doubt my writing this will change anything, but, like most social media, people writing to others without facing them does not bring out the best, sadly......

128x128jw944ts
" Honestly @arcticdeth are you suggesting that we embrace a platform of obnoxious,"

@ three_easy_payments
I don't think that's what arctic is saying. Speaking under correction, I think he was responding to the post prior to his.
There are many really great threads going on right now that it does give me hope.  The discussion on SUTs with @jcarr participating and even the interestingly helpful thread that's been evolving on Tektons (as the discussion has focused on speaker loads and the interaction with amps).  These discussions have been nearly devoid of animosity over the past couple of days and I'm hopeful that perhaps we are on a better trajectory of mutual comradery and friendliness.  Perhaps we are emerging from the Dark Ages?....which did take centuries ;-)
Too many think they know it all and insist their equipment is the best, interjecting it into every conversation and everyone should follow, if that were the case we would only have one company making amps, speakers and other audio products.
@johnto

we would only have one company making amps, speakers and other audio products.

Sadly this is probably the "mission" of some forum members that only recommend the same company over and over for amps, speakers, and cables/tweaks - for all users and in all situations. With healthy threads like this one I sense we may be making incremental positive changes.
We don't like negative feedback in our amplifiers why would we want it in our forum?