What stole your attention from HiFi?

Hey folks.

Its been a while since ive been on here. My interests have recently taken a massive swing away from the audio hobby.
This happens from time to time, but i usually end up back here.

The newest attention stealer is my car. Black 2004 Mustang GT. Been doing a lot of work on it to make it faster and meaner. Man, Cars are almost as bad and as expencive as hi-fi. Hell, if i woulda bought a boombox and dumped the cash i blew on audio gear, my stang would be pushing 600HP at the rear and smoking dodge vipers. ROFL

What has stolen your attention in the past from Hi-Hi?

Cant say "kids", that is too easy of a cop out. ;)
slappy
Lugnut, you state:
My Nova ran mid tens at 5500 feet corrected elevation. Small block, one carb, pump gas, through the mufflers on street tires. Oh yeah, a stick too. No nitrous or forced air induction. I did it the hard way.
What engine, and what did you do to it? You're talking a low 14's quarter, at best.
fat parrot
dont be so sure. being a mopar man myself I cant publically support any chevy any where any time... but off the record its very possible. For example my car runs an 11.6 1/4 it is a 3300 pound essentially stock body and interior full seats glass heater and all. 360 small block cast iron mildly ported heads, hydralic lifters 520 lift cam, single plane manifold 750 holley homemade headers three inch exhaust including mufflers with street legal tires and an automatic.
If I were to put the car on a diet and shed some weight put a steep roller cam in there up the converter stall speed , throw some alumminum fully ported heads . I wouldnt want to drive it to the track anymore and I would likely have to throw more money in its direction on a regular basis- meaning broken parts- but I dont doubt I could be in the high 10's
Fatparrot,

You know not what you're talking about. 406, Brodex -8's flowed by AFR, mechanical roller cam, steel crank, six inch rods, 950 holley, BG fuel system. Over 520 engine dyno horses, 459 rear wheel horse, tubbed, certified to ten flat. Internally balanced, 11.02 to one, blah, blah. Doug Nash, Mcleod clutch. I built the car myself damnit. Any amount of money you want to bet as to it's existence and performance, anytime. Photos? Got em. Me in it? Got em. Time slips? Got em. Audiogon member who's seen it? Try Vetterone. Yeah, you rubbed me the wrong way pal. And, did I mention I built it myself? Photos of that too.