FYI: Audeze robbed $250K worth of gear stolen

Please see the link for all the details.

http://www.edmsauce.com/2015/03/01/250k-worth-of-headphones-stolen-in-robbery-at-audeze-statement-issued/

Here is the official statement released on Audeze’s pages and website:

“Yesterday morning we learned there was the break-in at the Audeze factory. It looks like a well-planned coordinated job. The thieves crawled under and behind the racks to defeat our security system. Our finished goods inventory is wiped out and there is damage to our property. The thieves went through some of the raw materials and boxes and we are not sure of the full extent of the damage. The Costa Mesa police department is going through the factory collecting information and they’re being very helpful.

We’re a small company and all our employees are like family. As news of the break-in spread many of our employees came to the office. A lot of them were worried about the consequences and what’s next if something of this magnitude happens to a small company like ours. Everyone was milling around the assembly line talking about how to get back on our feet.

The new EL8s were supposed to ship and were in a separate area of the facility. Luckily this area was left untouched. In an impromptu act of solidarity, Ivan who handles our shipping started packing EL8s. Marco our assembly lead started working on organizing the space. Justin and Dave joined and started working as well. Nearly every one turned out and started working, picking up the pieces. Our sales team got in, getting the word out on social media and sending emails to our dealers. We’ve had calls from customers and friends. People are posting leads for us on Facebook and other social media. The outpouring of support is really tremendous.

We have announced a reward for anyone helping us arrest and convict the culprits. If you find any information or leads, please contact us at [email protected] or the Costa Mesa Police department at, 99 Fair Dr, Costa Mesa, CA, (714) 754-5280. Meanwhile security is being beefed up at the warehouse.

While this may be a big hit for a small company like Audeze in the short-term, we will actually grow stronger from all this. We will be back in business on Monday building headphones with the same love, care and craftsmanship.

On behalf of the entire team at Audeze we thank you for the overwhelming support over the last few days.

Team Audeze”

IMO this was an inside job. I hope the people get caught.
128x128jedinite24
Sounds like you folks need to get you some loyal pitbulls to patrol the area after hours. A couple of these dogs will eliminate any potential for after hours shenanigans...

-RW-
Hope they catch the guys.They knew how to avoid the security,hmmm,,,
They will start to sell the stuff ,so be on the lookout !
There seems to be a wave of break-ins going on in this hobby lately. In San Francisco, both Music Lovers and AudioVision were broken into. They have coined a new phrase "smash and grab" since the thieves strike at night by driving cars into the front of the store and stealing anything they can before the police arrive.

I'm generally not a pit bull fan but I do think that having a couple roam the warehouse at Audeze is the best idea yet. If it were my business, that's what I would do.
"03-06-15: Geoffkait
What evidence do you have it was an inside job? "

The thieves drove the car inside the building to steal the headphones. The headphones went from the inside of the building to the inside of the get away vehicle, thereby making the crime a completely inside job.
"03-07-15: Taters
Smash and grab is not a new term. It's been around for years."

Unlike the 20 pairs of "Brand Name" headphones at "factory direct" prices you just listed. Does your car have a big trunk Taters?
That's terrible. Great headphones.
Good thing to know, so I don't buy any at a discount.