What's an upgrade from Ryan R610s?

I’ve owned my pair of Ryan R610s for several years now, and to be honest, I really like them. They’re a major bargain (or at least were when I bought them), and they’re very pleasant to listen to--extremely well balanced across their range of frequencies, never shrill but still deliver all the detail I could want. Great horizontal stereo image, though I don’t hear a lot of depth (this is very likely due to the way my room is arranged and it’s not flexible, unfortunately). So yes, I’ve really enjoyed these but now, mostly out of restlessness, I’m wondering what would be a step up from these? WAF precludes floor-standers so we have to confine our search to monitors, and I need to keep the price under the 3K level. Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Rest of the system: Modwright KWI 200 integrated, Cambridge Audio CXU universal player, REL S/2 sub, Sonnet Morpheus DAC/Hermes streamer. Wires from Audience, Morrow, and Cardas, Furman Elite 15PFI conditioner/Core Power DeepCore 1800 on a dedicated circuit.

cooper52

I'm breaking my own rule by NOT answering the OP question.  I apologize for that rude behavior.  Your Ryan R610 speakers are terrific.  Keep them.  For less than the stated 3K you could markedly improve everything with instead replacing the Furman. And yes, I ran one for years in a great system, but....better can be had.

Replacing that with a Puritan 156 would light you up.  Keep your system.  You've really no idea what is lying beneath in attack, dynamics and sound stage.  Best of luck.  Cheers

I mistakenly thought your Ryan R610s were floor standers until I took a look. Bad on me. One speaker you should take a look at is the Revival Audio Atalante 3 monitors. I have a pair and am mightily impressed. You may even be able to forgo the sub as they are -3db @44Hz with even better in room response. They're hard to come by as they're the new kid on the block but they're not a flavor of the month fad. Here's a stock photo with some links to some early reviews:

Review #1, review #2 and review #3

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise thanks for sharing that someone actually has a pair and listened to them in the US. My local Revival dealer is very excited about these and he get's his 3's and 5's in sometime this week.

I am very interested in the 5's based on my room size.

Would you have other impressions you can share? Perhaps instead of hijacking the OP's thread (btw I used to own the Ryan R610's....loved them!) you could do a member review or start a thread on all things Revival speakers.

@jcoehler I recommended but don't think I highjacked his thread with my advocacy of the Atalante 3 as they would be a fine solution for his needs. Either way, I do plan on someday writing something up about them. Someday.

All the best,
Nonoise

OP here, chiming in. I don't think nonoise hijacked my thread at all, in fact he has presented a very tempting speaker, based on the reviews he referenced. I was struck by how similar the Ryan and Revival Audio logos are. Not intentional, I'm sure, just a point of curiosity. I hope a dealer local to me (northern California) will carry the Revival Audio speakers--I'd love to hear them. 

Meanwhile, thanks also to Celtic 66 for the suggestion. I rather suspect that my Furman power conditioner is kind of weak link in the chain. I used to own a PS Audio Power Plant Premier, but it failed and couldn't be repaired by PS Audio (couldn't get the parts any more I was informed) so had to sell it off at a fire-sale price. I did like what it did for my system though, when it was functional. 

My intent was not to single out nonoise for hijacking but more if the discussion on Revival speakers took away from OP intent, I was worried.

My apologies for not doing better with context.

And one other bit of info I found on Ryan's website: they have discontinued their "S" line which were higher-end versions of the 3 models in the original "R" line, which they're still making. I never got to hear one of the "S" models and in general Ryan speakers very rarely come up on the used sites, at least so far.