What phono setting to use for Plinius 8200

I have a Plinius 8200 mkii I'm using with my high output MC cartridge (Goldring Eroica that comes with MMF7). I understand high output MC is the same level as MM, so I opened the Plinius and switched it to that setting (only setting I've used). Trouble is, on most records I have to turn the volume to between the 12 o clock and 2 o clock position to achieve decent listening levels. On some records even this is even not enough. Scares me to have my amp up that high.

Has anyone had luck with this combo using the MC setting?
matt8268

Showing 1 response by loontoon

The amp amplifies the signal presented, it it's low the out put from the amp will be low. The position indicated is not indicitive of how hard the amp is working. So if the sound is not enough get over the look of the know position, the amp is not getting enough signal to amplify to satisfy.

Of further concern would be the loading on the MC with MM cartridge. Most MC like to be loaded in the 20-200 omh range.

Most MM in the 47,000 ohm range (wide open) the Plinius has capacitance and resistance adjustments available to experiment with yes???