what are your cartridge set up go to

What alignment tool are you using and has anyone used those forceps style tools that grip the connectors instead of basically squishing it ? 
128x128oleschool
The Nasotec tweezers are great. I also use a pro ject align it tool, seeing as most of my arms are of the 9c, 9cc variety. It’s somewhat similar to the feikart, but it instead has a small disc which rests precisely on the top tonearm bearing. I find it to be pretty accurate when checked with alternate methods. Also, I use a mirrored protractor by Hudson hifi which is pretty good. I have a decent usb microscope and a nice magnifier on it’s own stand with integral flexible wand and bright led light which helps with visibility. I would highly recommend the usb microscope, as it makes nailing the overhang measurements quite easy. It’s amazing to see the stylus at great magnification. Lastly, I use a digital stylus force gauge by pro-ject. 
Dear @oleschool : MITN LP is a great, inexpensive, accurated and dedicated protractor for your TT/tonearm. You can get something in true better or more accurated than MINT LP,  the price here  does not speaks of its high quality and useful it’s.

The second post in this thread was posted for this gentleman @mikelavigne that owns four TT and he uses the MINT LP, this was his advise to you. Look his stunning ( for say the least ) room/system:

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

R.
+1 on the Dennesen Soundtractor. Super accurate and easy. The Neve knockoff has exact geometry but is not as easy to see visually in the target. The original Dennesen (Baerwald) uses a dimple for the stylus just like the brilliant SME protractors that are supplied with their tonearms. A great feature for older eyes :-)

Any small needle-nose type pliers can be beneficial for attaching cartridge clips only. For removal, I prefer to scrape the clips off the cartridge pins using a micro straight edge screwdriver which prevents any trauma when the clips are released. Use of a small exato-knife can help get things started if the clips are buried to their edge against the cartridge body or plastic color rings.

FWIW - I'm also partial to the use of what VPI calls an azimuth rod. Used longitudinally on top of a cartridge/headshell will allow for a neutral VTA measurement prior to tweaking. Unfortunately, many headshells are not on plane with their armtubes . . .