Warmer class D amps for magnepan?

I am planning on buying a pair of lrs+, and i need a poweramp. I am well aware that class D is despised in the magnepan community, but its unwarranted. Nuforce and the new purifi amps are designed to handle 2 ohm loads, and have been used to power Maggies without falt. My only concern is they will kinda rip my head off if i play any less than perfect recording on them. I’m aware that all modern magnepans are unforgiving, but can be tamed with a smoother amplifier. So why not class A or AB? Unfortunately, i simply dont have the space for the ones that are actually rated at 2 ohms (the lrs is around 3.5ohm, but dips to 2.8, it MUST be able designed to handle a 2 ohm load). Also, any one of them that does go up on sale, the owners almost always refuse to ship them, and want you to pick it up in person (for which i dont have the resources to do so). So I ask if there are any smoother, more forgiving class D poweramps (not intergrated models) that you are sure will power magnepans correctly. They can be discontinued, as i will be buying it used regardless, so anything from 2008 to 2018 would be preferable and my budget is around €2000, so say $2500. Thank you.

hamark

i haven’t tried them all, by a long shot, but my suggestion would be to try a well designed gan-fet based power amp, rather than typical class d ones using ice purifi or hypex modules

in my experience the good ganfet amps sound much closer to top flight class ab

Warm-sounding Class D amps in your price range is a tough ask.  My first two recommendations would be the AGD Tempo or Atmasphere GaN amps, but even used they’d both be above your price target.  You might consider used Bel Canto amps.  While not “warm” per se they certainly aren’t “digital” or harsh sounding.  I heard BC electronics driving Joseph Audio Pulsars at a show and it sounded absolutely sublime.  Here are a couple examples…

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb43d8-bel-canto-design-ref600m-solid-state

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649945577-bel-canto-ref500s-power-amp/

You might be better off considering a Class A/B amp in your price range.  Best of luck. 

I use the Rogue Audio Pharoah 2 with my Magnepan .7 speakers. The combination works well.

I use the Rogue Audio Pharoah 2 with my Magnepan .7 speakers. The combination works well.

I like this idea.

I have Crown  XlS 2502 which doee sound decent to drive my passive subwoofers.

But Starkrimson Ga D amp sounds more refined within your budget.

Thomas