TT on Symposium Super Segue - slate or maple underneath?

I've gotten a Super Segue for my VPI Avenger. I have various things on hand I can place under the Symposium. I wasn't sure if a 3" thick maple block would work better than a 1/2" thick piece of slate. The whole thing will be sitting on top of my wooden equipment rack. I know ideally I should try both to see what sounds better, but hauling a 70+ pound TT on and off shelves for listening tests (not to mention moving a 3" thick maple block around) can be a bit of a pain. I'm hoping someone here has had some experience with what they've felt works best under a Segue, so I could try that first.
tonyptony
 In my opinion, never use slate the reflecting factor is extremely high and it performs poorly. Maple is a much better option.

@lak , do you think even if slate is used as part of a constrained layer solution? I've
It’s a longish story how to optimally place a turntable on an isolation stand. To make a long story short, the component on the iso stand should be placed on very hard cones AND the stand or anything under the stand should also be placed on very hard cones. This set-up strategy allows for minimum upward 🔝 transmission of “seismic type” vibration AND maximum downward transmission of any vibration on the stand itself, which can arise from the turntable motor, acoustic waves, etc. what you want to minimize is stored energy in the iso system.
Good question, I've not tried that. I'm sorry to say you will have to try it and judge for yourself. If I were to guess I'd say there is no benefit to using the slate as a layer and possibly a hindrance.