TT on Symposium Super Segue - slate or maple underneath?

I've gotten a Super Segue for my VPI Avenger. I have various things on hand I can place under the Symposium. I wasn't sure if a 3" thick maple block would work better than a 1/2" thick piece of slate. The whole thing will be sitting on top of my wooden equipment rack. I know ideally I should try both to see what sounds better, but hauling a 70+ pound TT on and off shelves for listening tests (not to mention moving a 3" thick maple block around) can be a bit of a pain. I'm hoping someone here has had some experience with what they've felt works best under a Segue, so I could try that first.
tonyptony
Peter's advice is infinitely better than mine.  I've relied on his suggestions in the past which have worked out well, such as using an Ultra Platform under my tube amp.

@tonyptony: What you want is stiffness and non-resonance. An easy way to reduce resonance is to install constrained-layer damping (Green Glue, ASC Wall Damp, EAR IsoDamp) between two stiff (and possibly dissimilar; your 3" maple block and 1/2" piece of slate qualify) materials. You want stiffness for a couple of reasons; a particularly important one for a turntable is that the greater the stiffness of a platform (all else being equal), the higher it's resonant frequency. You want the support structure's resonance to be as far from (in this case above) the turntable suspension's resonant frequency (and that of the arm/cartridge) as possible. 

Geoff Kait recently here on Agon (in the thread entitled "Component vibration isolation question") provided a link to the tutorial on isolation by Shannon Dickson in a 1995 issue of Stereophile. Do yourself a huge favour and read it. In it you may find the answers to many if not all of your questions.

In my opinion, never use slate the reflecting factor is extremely high and it performs poorly. Maple is a much better option.

@lak , do you think even if slate is used as part of a constrained layer solution? I've