To venture back into vinyl or not,...that is the question.

Hi, 
I have been without vinyl playback for a few years.  Last turntable I had was a Linn Axis with Basik tonearm and a newer version of the ADC XLM mark"something".  

Any suggestions on a used table to consider.....under 500.00 if possible.  Or maybe just an old BSR and "stack 'em up"?

whatjd
When I wanted to add a new production TT to my collection of vintage TT's I chose the Pioneer PLX1000. At $700 and $300 for a Denon 103R mc cartridge the performance/cost ratio is hard to beat! Read Herb Reichert"s review in Stereophile a few years back!
I agree with uberwaltz

"On a budget of $500 or less I do not think you would end up being very impressed compared to say a $500 CD player."

I did not see any significant enjoyment with vinyl until I was about $3-4K into it.  Turntable, cartridge and phono preamp are all very important parts of the formula.  It's OK to start small and go the upgrade route, though.  It's a good way to go as you can hear the differences of upgrades as you go.  For me that journey was a lot of fun and a lot of learning happened.