Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

@unsound Yes seems that we have similar rooms, my system is long wall placement and i'm sitting close to the back wall about 9 feet from tweeters.

My room has very good acoustics as i have wooden floor, thick carpet under the system and thick curtains.

I use my dad's paintings as absorbers on the walls and furniture.

I'm lucky to have a wife that let's me use the living room almost like a dedicated listening room lol

I will try 9 feet apart and see how that goes.

@Thieliste, Same here, long wall. I personally prefer long wall placement. I find imaging and bass response often improves with such a layout. But again, absorption directly behind the listener is required to avoid comb filtering. Even if it's just a temporary item used only during listening sessions. Also, pulling the speakers well out (>3') from the wall behind them will help with clarity. 

If using spikes, I suggest removing them while experimenting. Replace them when ideal positioning is established.

9' could be ideal, but don't be afraid to try wider. Especially with such available space from side walls. Just a slight tick of just a couple of degrees of toe in could easily compensate for the foreshortened distance of listener from loudspeakers. It might really open up the soundstage. Keep in mind the center of the woofer's relationships to the various boundaries. Experiment! Test recordings can speed up the process.

Good luck!

Ok just tried 9 apart, indeed much better than 8 much more air between the instruments, sounstage is spectacular.

I have best results with very little toe in.

I cannot try 10 apart because my carpet is not wide enough but very happy with 9.

In the next few years i should be able to have a dedicated room and therfore everything will be done for the system, 10 apart will not be a problem.

Post removed