Thiel CS3.6 and PrimaLuna

I have a pair of Thiel CS3.6 speakers and a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Amplifier going thru a Mytek Brooklyn DAC/Pre.  The sound is really good, but I know the Thiel's can do much better.  I'm curious to see if folks would recommend going to a different amp (high current SS) or moving to a different set of speakers.  Either option is viable, just curious to see what folks think.
128x128dnanstad
The Theil websites says they need 100-500wpc. Your Primaluna is 70-96 wpc depending on configuration.
So, you are really at the bottom of the spectrum. Adding in the 2 ohm minimum of the Theil's and you are taxing the amp. 
You could try a pair of Zero Autoformers to help with the low impedance, but a higher rated amp is probably the best way to go.
Those Theil's were one of the last of Jim's designs, so I would probably keep them. If you did want to change, I would recommend Vandersteen-both use time and phase alignment, and results in a similar sound reproduction.
For amps, you could get an old McCormack DNA-1 and have Steve upgrade it. (Buy a non working unit and save more. Steve guts the amp and installs a new board, so it doesn't need to be working). For Tube amps I would recommend Atma-Sphere.
Here is one review with Theil speakers;
http://www.atma-sphere.com/Reviews/TAS-1991-MA-1.html
Bob

Good suggestions and advice- dnanstad

keep us posted on your next move. Join us on the Thiel Owners thread. I would like to read more about your Audio journey.

Happy Listening!

Great stuff. Keep it coming!  Other than vandersteens, any speaker suggestio to match up with the primaluna?
I own the Thiel CS 3.6 speakers and you don't want to drive them with minimal power, because they won't sing. Plus, you'll get distortion if you push it. I first went the tube route, and today would go with a quality SS amp and perhaps an equally good tube preamp. I'm in the hunt myself for a proper amp for my Thiels for a system to be set up in my basement family room. Either way you go, your amp and your speakers must be optimized for one-another. A lesson that took me too long to get right.
Kenny
So I solved the quandary and sold the thiels. Now I need some new speakers or used that match up well with the Primaluna Dialogue premium hp amp.