The Question,Tekton Pendragons or Focal 1028 BE

Ok, so the Wife Acceptance Factor has driven me to ask the question. I have heard the Focals and have not hear the Pendragons or the Double Impacts which I am also considering.

Although the 1028's are at $5k currently and the TD speakers are substantially less the bride is enamored with the appearance of the Focals. Personally I like the looks of the Tekton's and deep down believe that they have to sound as good as the Focals and hopefully better. Does anyone have experience with both and I understand I will get a bevy of comments on other speakers to consider, but frankly I would like to stay focused on the two speakers here....

My room is small, it is 11x11x9. It was a bedroom but we opened up the wall and made it into an office off of the living room in a medium sized Cape style which is now really becoming a music room. I am driving the speakers with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium and not the HP version the 36 watt version.

All input will be valued.
Thanks!
Chip
128x128eag618

Showing 1 response by mofojo

I listened pretty extensively to the 1028be probably about 6 years ago. I thought they were really nice sounding and very good looking speakers. Tekton DIs sound much bigger and more live and will play acoustic, rock and metal like nobodies business. I prefer them to the 1028be. I think they will pair much better with your tube amp as well. 
I don’t listen to jazz and the female vocal stuff so I wouldn’t know about that. 
Room may be a little small for either.