Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I’m considering the GAIA II footers for my DI’s, but am worried about what everyone is saying about the weight limits. I would hope that IsoAcoustics would produce a product that is at or close to 100% effectiveness within the stated weight limit parameters.

Hearing that dealers are telling customers that the GAIA II footers lose effectiveness at upper weight limits (100lb Double Impact vs 120lb GAIA II weight limit) is like hearing that an amplifier markedly increases THD towards the upper limits of stated power. Red flag. Is this the dealers trying to get a more expensive product (GAIA I) sold, or is this a case of poor specifications?
@david_ten The Herbies Giant Gliders with an isolation shelf makes sense as a 90% solution, especially with carpet. Since I'm on a budget, the law of diminishing returns and value has to be obeyed. Did you say you were using some one off composite platforms or do I have you confused with someone else?

I could always try some spare particle board shelves as an A/B comparison, better conduction into the shelf but doubt without substantial acoustic attenuation. Perhaps isolation pucks sandwiched between 2 shelves and the Herbies. Could be more trouble than it's worth and just stick to the Herbies alone. So many possibilities!
It sure makes things confusing bliptrip. I was all set on buying the Gaia II's when calling Music Direct. From what I gathered talking to the tech rep is that the Gaia II's will work with the DI's.......just not as effectively since they would be compressed so much they wouldn't be able to disappate vibrational energy as well. He wasn't pushing to sell the Gaia I's so much as he was explaining that isolation devices as a whole don't perform as well at their upper weight limits. I certainly didn't want to spend the extra money on the Gaia I's but after hearing them on the DI's I'm glad I did. 
@bliptrip   I had the same concern regarding the Gaia II with the SE, being that the SE comes in right at 120lbs. I do have them screwed into the base of the SEs and I have noted an ever so slight upside over my Herbie's system. I have not used them on the DIs, but I will prior to sending the Gaia IIs back. [Please Note: They are on my base with Herbie's Giant Fat Gliders; See Below]

@brotw  My Herbie's 'system' is comprised of the Herbie Giant Fat Gliders under a composite isolation platform/shelf that was designed for a rack. This shelf is 18X20X1 inch and fits the DIs and SEs perfectly. 

Here's what it adds up to for each speaker: 4 Fat Gliders under the shelf and 4 Giant Threaded Stud Gliders screwed into the base of the DIs (where the included spikes would be screwed in). This came to $464 for the 16 Gliders (both speakers). Add the cost of any isolation platform you choose to use.

I like this setup for a few reasons:

1. I can move the entire system around without removing the speakers.
2. If I remove the speakers, they still have the gliders on, so moving them separately is very handy.
3. I found that doubling up resulted in better results than only with the Gliders in the speakers (this is how most would normally use the Gliders)
4. It adds over an inch in height over just having one set of Gliders in, which I find helps with the bass performance.
5. I can play around with different bases and base materials if I want to.
6. I can add something like the RollerBlocks discussed above in the thread. I personally use Ingress Engineering's bearings and cups for components. I have not experimented yet, under the speakers or under the platforms, but I will in the future. Putting them under the platform would preserve the finish of the speaker base.
7. The platforms I am using match the finish of the DIs and the SEs and are therefore a hit aesthetically.

****Please note that I have hardwood flooring and no carpeting or rugs underneath.