Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Nor does Po ever answer any questions directed at him. One example I remember reading is, which 2-4k speakers sound better than the Moab, or have better value? He reminds me of what’s wrong with too many posters on any number of forums nowadays...he just a keyboard warrior who hides behind a screen typing away with nonsensical blathering comments that supports his narrative to bash on Tekton or anything else that doesn’t align with his agenda or beliefs. It’s quite nauseating really. Some people just like to piss in the punch bowl, and he fits that bill to a tee. Negativity surrounds people like him and to that I say, I’m truly sorry for those types. Friendships and happiness might be a real struggle for those types.

Hey Po, YOU’RE RIGHT AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN! Cheers and happy listening man!

That was a very negative view of pretty much everything mentioned in that post.

It reminds me of what’s wrong with too many posters on any number of forums nowadays.
It's usually better to chew in private, and praise in public. Some folks are just tough to get along with. It's tough for me to hold my tongue.
Jealousy always seeks unkind words, wise man tough me that..Now if I can just do it..

Regards
It’s getting downright ludicrous what posts get removed around here and what stays. I put space cadet with geoffkait (since he worked for NASA) and apparently it was so egregious to a moderator he and or she felt it necessary to remove it. I am so terribly sorry to post such a blatant affront to your senses and flaunting the rules of forum decorum, rules that seem to bend at the whim and mood of whomever decides these things. That is called irony, moderators. Is that now against the rules, too?