Tannoy Stirlings on the way!

Hi, everybody.  Longtime member, first time caller.

I just ordered up a pair of Tannoy Stirling GR floorstanders, and, frankly, I'm looking for people to rejoice with!

I'm a speakers guy, through and through.  I've got Dynaudios, Focals, B&Ws, Totems, Wharfedales, Klipsches, and even my old Polk 5Bs, the first speakers I ever bought, way back in the '80s.  I wanted to try something very different, and the Prestige line Tannoys really spoke to me.  The coincident drivers, the old-school-ish paper cone, the old-school cabinets and ports.  I'm really looking forward to hearing how they soundstage!

I thought about getting the Turnberrys, but the Stirlings should be just about the perfect size for my [extremely irregular] room.  Especially since I already have a pair of subs.

I'm pretty chuffed.
trentmemphis

So, that whole thing about finding some stands to get these speakers up to more of an on-axis position, I never found anything that would work.  So I'm having Sound Anchor build a set for me.

They'll be 4-posters, 9.5" high.  The platform will be 14.5 x 13.25, which is the dimensions of the built-in base of the Stirlings, plus a half-inch in both dimensions.  They're going to weld a half-inch thick bar across the back to create a 1" high lip.  This will keep them from sliding off if/when I experiment with adding some rake angle in addition to the lift.

The base of the stands will be 18.5" deep, and 16.5" wide.  That adds a bit to the footprint of the speakers, which I was hoping to avoid, but it's not too terribly much.  I have more space in the depth dimension, so it should be manageable.

Build will take about 8 weeks.

Congrats Trent SA makes fantastic products looking forward to seeing those when you have them setup.

Thanks!  It seems a bit weird to look forward to . . . speaker stands?  But I think they're going to make a considerable difference.

Has any one tried IsoAcoustic Gaia III speaker feet on their Tannoy Stirling and felt it was worth it?  The room I have them in right now isn't the best and the bass is quite boomy and so I'm hoping that maybe some Gaias would help to tighten things up a bit. 

@bobelton

IME, when I tried GAIA’s footers with carpet spikes on my Canterbury’s they further soften the bass. I had much better outcome with edenSound Bearpaw Sr (M8 thread size). Tighter base and improved soundstage. Reach out to Dan at edenSound, he is very knowledgeable and helpful!

PS: I have carpeted floors.