TAD R-1's vs Yamaha Soavo NS-F901's ....

Have you all seen this video ?

They start off by playing some music on the TAD speakers and around 21 minutes into the video a guy comes on stage and puts his hand on top of the Yamaha speakers, letting you know that they switched to the Yamaha speakers.

They first play the first part of a song on the TAD speakers and when they play that SAME SONG on the Yamaha speakers, the Yamaha speakers clearly...sound better !!..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6V8BOrrjGg
hifisoundguy
Yeah, I would totally buy speakers based on a YouTube video played over a computer.
Youtube can give you a small dose of the speakers overall character. Buying a speaker based on a review IMO is just as irresponsible. The only way to be 99% sure is to have the speaker in your own listening room which is easier said then done! My concern with the Yamaha is it designed to work optimally with the S3000 amp/cdp? FYI another Japanese speaker worth checking out is the Fostex GX250 or the larger G2000 if the TAD is not within your budget.
Do the Fostex speakers sound anything like their TH900 headphones? I think these are superb phones.
You can really hear a difference when listen to this video through really good headphones like my Audeze LCD-3's !
06-14-14: Hifisoundguy
You can really hear a difference when listen to this video through really good headphones like my Audeze LCD-3's !
Hifisoundguy (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
So are you going to replace your Bose 901's with these babies?
I've heard the Soavo's at a local Yamaha dealer. A high end dealer no less. Unbelievable build and sound quality for a $4000.00 speaker. 4 grand right now at BHP camera online. These things are not a joke, they were designed specifically to take down the TADs. I heard them against the Rockport Arias. omg, and I am not kidding, very close in sound reproduction. WHO KNEW! Yamaha MUST be taking a loss on these, or, they are built by slaves. I bought em, and didn't need them!
Thanks for that report Roguemodel, it looks like Yamaha is BACK making great speakers again!! I'm going to wait until they go on closeout to get a pair...
Roguemodel , at the High End dealer where you heard these Yamaha speakers, was they using Yamaha gear or what?

What gear are you using with these Yamaha speakers?

What other speakers do you have right now?

Do you think these Yamaha speakers on the same level as the Infinity IRS's?

THANK YOU
Hey there Rogue & HifiSound,
did you guys actually buy the Yamaha NS-F901's? I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions, what kinds of music sounds best on them etc.

also, I'm really interested in the amps you are using.
Yamahas? something else?

best regards,
I'm waiting for these speakers to go on CLOSEOUT so I can get them .. CHEAP!!....

Best Kept Secret On The Market!!...
Ever since I posted this thread I have been looking at the used market here on Audiogon and they have been A LOT OF TAD SPEAKERS for sale, MAYBE the word is getting out now!!..

Long live the new KING of GIANT KILLERS!!...

11-12-14: Hifisoundguy
I'm waiting for these speakers to go on CLOSEOUT so I can get them .. CHEAP!!....
Good luck with that. A year after their release they're $1999 each everywhere but Amazon, where they're $2499 each.These floorstanders are the only speakers in the series still available in the USA. Look at all the discontinued models.

11-12-14: Hifisoundguy
Ever since I posted this thread I have been looking at the used market here on Audiogon and they have been A LOT OF TAD SPEAKERS for sale, MAYBE the word is getting out now!!..

Long live the new KING of GIANT KILLERS!!...
That's a stretch. There are two TAD listings currently, and one is a dealer's floor model. Just because there are used TADs for sale doesn't mean the Soavos pushed them out. To be a giant-killer it has to re-define the market like the Advent-1 did. These haven't even gotten off the ground here.
One of my friends just got a pair of these speakers and I'm speechless! These speakers make you feel like your in the Recording Studio and the Artist is performing for you in your room!! Close your eyes and it sounds like the Artist is in your room!... That's PRICELESS!!...