TAD R-1's vs Yamaha Soavo NS-F901's ....

Have you all seen this video ?

They start off by playing some music on the TAD speakers and around 21 minutes into the video a guy comes on stage and puts his hand on top of the Yamaha speakers, letting you know that they switched to the Yamaha speakers.

They first play the first part of a song on the TAD speakers and when they play that SAME SONG on the Yamaha speakers, the Yamaha speakers clearly...sound better !!..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6V8BOrrjGg
hifisoundguy

Showing 2 responses by johnnyb53

Yeah, I would totally buy speakers based on a YouTube video played over a computer.

11-12-14: Hifisoundguy
I'm waiting for these speakers to go on CLOSEOUT so I can get them .. CHEAP!!....
Good luck with that. A year after their release they're $1999 each everywhere but Amazon, where they're $2499 each.These floorstanders are the only speakers in the series still available in the USA. Look at all the discontinued models.

11-12-14: Hifisoundguy
Ever since I posted this thread I have been looking at the used market here on Audiogon and they have been A LOT OF TAD SPEAKERS for sale, MAYBE the word is getting out now!!..

Long live the new KING of GIANT KILLERS!!...
That's a stretch. There are two TAD listings currently, and one is a dealer's floor model. Just because there are used TADs for sale doesn't mean the Soavos pushed them out. To be a giant-killer it has to re-define the market like the Advent-1 did. These haven't even gotten off the ground here.