Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Tom, Wow! That’s amazing! I can’t believe it! That’s exactly what Michael Green would have said. You’re just like him. You’re his clone and don’t know it. 😬

An ordinary man has no means of deliverance. - Old audiophile axiom

God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. - Judge Judy
Almarg
By the way, FWIW that document does indicate that those fuses are compliant with various MIL-STDs (military standards) for vibration, as well as for thermal shock, humidity, and salt spray. Although of course those standards are intended to assure reliability under adverse conditions, not to assure good sonics in an audio system.

Good point. 😀 Gosh, I wonder if NASA manned missions test for good sonics in electrical systems....hey, I know! Let's get AES to do fuse testing. 😛

Almarg
To give some perspective to the 0.08 volt drop in the resistance of the fuse I used as an example in my previous post. It’s worth noting that in the USA AC line voltages are considered to be in spec if they are anywhere within a 12 volt range, between 114 and 126 volts at the circuit breaker panel.

Why is that worth noting? Seems totally irrelevant. It actually sounds like the Nixon argument regarding the missing 18 minutes on the Watergate tapes, that compared to the total time of audio on the tapes 18 minutes is insignificant. 😃

Thoughts and prayers out for Frank.   Looking forward to the return of his jovial self.