Stuff You Tried To Love

I know we talk a lot about confirmation bias- we buy something and then convince ourselves we like it. Or something like that. But did you ever buy something you wanted to love and just couldn’t make it work? For me, Esoteric X-05 SACD/CD player. Bought from a local who was upgrading to the X-03. Big, beautiful piece of gear, but I couldn’t get used to the sound after 6 months of trying. Sold it to another local- I insisted he listen before he bought and I believe he sold it soon after as well. Totem Forest and Hawk. I loved the whole concept. Slim, easy to live with. Couldn’t get them to work in my room. The Model Ones were much better. I had a couple of other pieces, but this is long enough. BTW, these were bought used without audition.

chayro
Post removed 

My Jazz albums / CD's. Especially "Kind of Blue" I've never been able to listen to the whole album because it puts me to sleep. I know one must be a jazz or female vocals guy in order to have an affirmed audiophile card but those genres just don't move me. 

Me too. I’ve come to like some jazz but I can’t get into Miles. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone who does not get "Kind of Blue" a) lacks a soul and b) does not deserve to even call themselves a music lover. Harsh but true!

😊

Anyone who does not get Bach "art of the fugue" a) lack a soul and b) does not deserve to even call themselves a music lover. Harsh but true!

Anyone who does not get "Kind of Blue" a) lacks a soul and b) does not deserve to even call themselves a music lover. Harsh but true!

😁😊😋😎

(But our musical biases, even the informed one cannot be imposed on others back, especially after a false alternative proposed as truth...)

The only exception for sure is Bach partitions😉... Any of them MUST be loved and merit to be put over anything ( i really think so by the way😜 ) ... Period... I am half joking here...

Bach is my forever favorite composer...And i am not alone in my gang of enlightened souls...

I apologize i could not resist...

After all Bach art of the fugue is over a jazz session so good it was and it is... I apologize to Miles and the others who anyway will be Ok with my opinion because they are first rate musicians ...

Sorry.... 😊