static Issues...anybody know why?

When I use my Lyra Delos, no static at all.  When I use my Ortofon Quintet Mono, I have to pry the record off of the platter.  Why?
tzh21y
mijostyn
Yes geometry is in part responsible for skating. It is called the OFFSET ANGLE ...
I’m glad that you understand that, because it isn’t what you previously stated:
Why does a tonearm skate? ... What does geometry have to do with it? VTF maybe.
As for this:
I suggest that while you are listening to music you stand right in front of your turntable and give it a Zerostat squirt every 15 seconds.
I don’t need a Zerostat because I don’t have a problem with static while playing LPs.
Dress like a Mexican Bandit and smoke a big cigar.
Will you please explain what that means? I can’t make any sense out of it at all.
kcleveland, in my last post I mentioned that paper will not except electrons so it will not remove static from PVC whereas some plastics will. So the paper sleeves seem to cause more static only because they are not removing any(electrons) from the record so the record comes out of the paper sleeve with as much static as it went in. Plastic sleeves discharge the record so when you take your record out of the sleeve it has less static. The old companies knew this and lined their paper sleeves with plastic. Taking the record in and out of the sleeve does not cause static. The sleeve is not in intimate enough contact to initiate the triboelectric effect. Google it!
Geoffy the Static Troll: “(for which their is virtually no friction)”

Ummm Geoffy, hel-loo, rpt, hel-loo, grab a dictionary! The word “their” is possessive, and “is virtually no friction” is not a noun. Get on the English literacy 🚂 choo choo 🚂!
What should it do for me? What are you trying to say? Is this in support of the notion that the stylus rubbing on the vinyl causes static charge accumulation? I disagree that this is a major cause, only because it appeared after reading the Shure white paper on static that the authors had actually done the experiments and shown that while there is some enhancement of charge due to playing the LP, it’s minimal relative to other causes and minimal relative to the amount of charge that maximally can accumulate on an LP. I asked you to provide contrary evidence, not contrary theory. You may be correct, for all I know, but I do know what the Shure paper shows. So far, from you I have theory only. Your declaration that Shure is “wrong” is not really enough to convince me. I will give you this: Subjectively, it seems to me that charge is enhanced after playing the LP. However, the Shure paper would suggest that the tendency of the LP to want to stick to the mat or the crackle I sometimes hear upon lifting the LP off the mat is caused by the static charge re-distributing itself over both surfaces of the LP, not necessarily due to new charge on the LP.

After further research, I am beginning to think Mijo is correct.  Case closed.
I was not being theoretical lewm. If I were I would say something like, "I think" this that or the other thing. I would let it be known then usually I would come up with some way to try and prove it, an experiment. Great that you did further research. That is what I do when I bump into a controversy I seem to be part of like when I screwed up saying record vinyl was nothing more than PVC and Carbon black even though this is what I was told at a record pressing plant 20 some odd years ago. In this case I was relaying sound scientific fact which I think you discovered after doing what a smart person would do, a little research. It is a tricky subject because there are so many variables involved like what kind of mat you are using, that static seems to do different things to different people. 
Now please do yourself a favor and get one of these,
https://www.sleevecityusa.com/Antistatic-Record-Cleaning-Arm-p/tac-01.htm  and banish static from your records forever and I am not being facetious. A big $20. I have absolutely nothing to do with the company. A few tips. I bend the end of the shaft behind the finger lift so that the brush is exactly perpendicular to the record. It tracks better this way. It has this silly balance weight that slides up and down the shaft. I slide it all the way to the brush end and crazy glue it in place then I use the counter weight to balance the thing. I put a bit of low strength Loc-tite on the threads. The brush should be very light on the record. 

Mike