Spend my $1000 on a turntable

Friends,

I gaze at at about 60 dirty records, a Cambridge Audio 540P mm phono pre amp and a slightly broken Technics SL-1210 MK2 (1 channel is bad). I rewired the arm and replaced the inter connects, it might be the ortofon pro s cartridge. I’m faced with buying a cleaning system (cheap) and inner sleeves and fixing the technics and selling it (+-$600). Add about $400 brings me to $1000.

My girlfriend (read wife) wants a Red turntable and so here I am. I am leaning toward the new Rega P3 with Ortofon Red or should I get Rega P2, Ortofon Blue and maybe a new phono pre amp? Project makes Red tables but I’ve only heard mixed things.

What would you do with $1000? 

Typically Tidal high res streams to a bluesound vault 2 Out via coax into Dynaudio Focus 30 XD. It 
128x128kenscott
The VPI HW-19 Mk.2 is identical to the Mk.3 with the exception that the metal subchassis is steel in the Mk.2, stainless steel in the Mk.3 (and 4). I have one of each, no big deal imo.
You are on the right track.

Get a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit or Rega Planar 3 with an Ortofon Red or Blue cartridge. You should also buy a Spin Clean record cleaner ($80) and a brush (Pro-Ject makes a nice inexpensive one for $15)

This should all fit in your budget. If you can buy the TT locally the dealer should set it up for you (no additional charge) and you will be ready to go.

Good luck and have fun.
VPI used to make a red plinth Scout as well as Traveler. Perhaps you can find a used one.
@kenscott - If you want red and want to spend under $1000, the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB is a pretty good choice. I own one and I really like it. I upgraded the phono cable with a nice cryo treated cable from Audio Sensibility. A year after getting the table, which came with an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, I upgraded to an Ortofon 2M Blue by buying just the blue stylus. I also use a Spin Clean for record cleaning. If you buy all of the above, you'll still have money left over in your $1000 budget.

BTW, I've got nothing against your Rega suggestion. Since buying the Pro-Ject, I've change my CD player/Transport/DAC to the Rega Saturn R and I've changed my amplification to a Rega Elicit R. Love the Rega stuff. Would have been happy to have an all Rega system if the timing had worked out differently.