Siltech 330L or 770L?

Hello everybody, the question might be a bit weird but let me explain.

My system is composed by a Jadis DA50RC Signature tube amp (with KT90) driving a pair of Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento speakers. Source is a Clearaudio Performance SE turntable with EAR 834P Signature Deluxe phono amp and an Akurate DS digital streamer.

I have been able to demo Siltech 330L speaker cables with all the series of interconnect (from 330i to 770i) which have pleased me a lot. Now that is time to take the plunge I am not sure if taking the 330L or go for the best and set for life with the 770L. I do not have opportunity yo try the 770L as my dealer has not them in stock...

Not sure the price difference would be justified...what do you think?
Thanks a lot
acalex

Showing 4 responses by rfogel8

If you can spring for the extra $$, I'd definitely go with the 770L. The 330L and 770L are essentially the same design but the 770L has many more conductors and will add a lot more power and weight to the music. It will also flesh out images far better where the 330L will sound rather lean by comparison.

I've owned both the 770i interconnects and 770L speaker cables for a couple years and they're definitely keepers.
Acalex, yes I'm still using the Siltech and am done looking at cables.

Bvdiman, I agree that there are across the board improvements as you move up in the Siltech line. I didn't want to blather on too much about their merits but I love the improvements they've made in my system.

A friend of mine is a Siltech dealer so I was able to acquire mine at a deep discount. Even so, being "married with children", I had to draw the line somewhere and the 770 series seemed like the most bang for the buck.

My electroincs are Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk3 pre & MA-1 OTL amps. They reveal everything!
Acalex, I'm not up on all the "flavor of the month" cables these days, neither have I heard of the ones you're asking about.

My only caution would be, if you decide to sell them down the road, will they be worth anything?

Siltech's been around a long time, the company's quite successful, they enjoy a good reputation and their products retain more value than most. Personally, I'd go with a known commodity.
Rsf507, Atma-Sphere/Ralph's only claim is, because their preamps & amps are a true "balanced differential design", the interconnect between amp and preamp will have minimal effects on the sound. He readily admits that speaker cables can make a big difference as well as interconnects between preamp and source.

I've tried a few different cables between the MP-1 and MA-1's and always hear a difference. It may not be huge but it's audible.