Shiit yggdrasil

I purchased this dac a few months back and I am absolutely blown away by how much I enjoy listening to it. I have owned a Bi-dat, Ayre QB DSD, Resolution Audio, PS Audio and many others as well as in home demo of very expensive Chord, Aesthetics and DCS gear. Nothing has sounded this good in my room in my system( Devore Fidelity, Line Magnetic - other products I absolutely love). Please forgive my lack of detailed description and hyperbole as I know many of us hear and experience reproduced sound differently so you might hate it. This is just a recommendation to try it. I am so glad I did. and wanted to share my experience.

Showing 1 response by gs5556

Ordered one myself and kept it. Why not, 15 day trial and $2300?

Outstanding Red Book playback.This DAC along with an Aurender N100H beats hands down all other DAC/transport combos I had. First digital front end that threw a sound stage outside my Thiel 3.6 speakers and better pinpoints low frequency instruments such as double basses and cellos in the sound stage. It's dynamic range is so good that I can turn up my preamp volume to a higher setting, especially on 24 bit recordings.  

The engineering behind it is impressive and truly an advancement in digital playback that surpasses the state of the art units of ten or twenty years ago (IMO). But the price tag says it can't be taken seriously. Shame. I was looking at a Berkely Reference or a Bricasti to replace my Theta Gen Va. No more; can't justify the extra ten grand.