SC's and IC's for Dynaudio C1 and JR Continuum 500

Currently running a pair of C1's powered by Jeff Rowland Continuum 500, source is Chord DAC64.

I've read some articles recommending Cardas Golden Reference, Kubala etc.. and some told to stay away from Nordost.

Currently considering Supra Sword, Cardas Golden Reference, Kimber KS3033, and was initially considering Nordost.

Anyone feedback/comments/opinion appreciated!
apocalypzeus

Showing 1 response by xti16

I have a Bryston B100 with the C1's and it did take a very long time to decide on my speaker cables but I did choose the Nordost Frey. At first listen I thought they were 'thin' sounding but after several weeks I realized I really heard the 'air' between the vocals and instruments. Better attack and decay. Very relieving!! I did have a Nordost demo case for cables for 8 weeks which gave me time to make a decision. I've had the cables for 11 months and would only consider moving up in the Nordost line.

That being said I also really like the Kubala Sonsa Emotion speaker cable but it reminds me of a fire hose not garden hose and is very heavy. I personally didn't want too much pulling force on the speaker connectors.

As far as IC's I use the Fusion Audion Interlocker II which is a little forward but at least for me it mates well with the Frey speaker cable.

It's your money and everyone has a different taste in type of sound. Ideally try to demo cables in your home on your system.

Most important have fun.