Rowland 625

Has anyone got their hands on the new Jeff Rowland 625. I know they've been displayed on shows like Rocky Mountain but I'm keen to have feedbsck how this new amps compare with previous models. I've seen the new website and they've been been advertising on magazine, looks solidly built like all Rowland amps!
I've got Rowland 501's with a pair of PC1 together with the Synergy IIi. My dealer has not got a confirmed date for delivery.
dtanclim

Showing 12 responses by brazcole

For what I have read, I'll keep my Model 312, because I don't want to use the 625 to make coffee in the morning, listen to the news in my tuner and drinking coffee before go to work. As usual.
And the sound will not beat the sound of my Model 312/500 watts with dCS Paganini and Criterion. I use Nordost Odin power cord, IC Siltech Empress Crown and for speakers the Stealth Dream V10T.
As Clavil said the 3D is outstunning.

I can buy anything I want, but I'll keep the Model 312.
In my opinion we have the luck to leave in the same time that Jeff Rowland projected the 312.
This device will be legendary in few years.
As Jeff Rowland said, the Model 312 is the joy of my life.
It's true, man.

But I have just one consideration, I mean the Criterion, because Fernando Andreti review the DartZeel preamplifier and wrote wonderfull things about this device, and even said the DartZell beat his top of the line Accuphase and he bought one DartZell.
Let's see
I decided to place a order for the DartZeel preamplifier, but as the dealer doesn't have it in stock right now, I'm going to receive it in two months.

I hope this preamplifier works fine with the future legendary Model 312.

At last I'll need to change my loudspeakers, perhaps for the Revel Salon2 that the reviews saying it's a wonderfull speaker.

Few words to help people who has the Puccini and the U'Clock. When I bought only the Paganini DAC the amount of sound information I've got was HUGE, with much more, but much more 3D sound and deeper backstage with stronger bass.
So I decide to buy the Paganini Transport.
By this time I've got a more neutral and sweet sound.
I'll keep my Puccini U'Clok.

Isvaldo
I really doubt that the Model 625 will be better than the Model 312.

Everything about the 625 to be better than the 312 is merchandise for...for...young people.

Jeff Rowland said "the Model 312 is the joy of my life".

What's that, man? A couple of years later is there ANOTHER "joy of my life"?

The Model 312 and the Model 625 will be the same.

The case is if you want a amp with 500 watts or a amp with 350 watts.

I want my amp with 500 watts. I don't want a amp stronger that that as well.

I still have my 200 watts stereo GamuT amplifier, device with huge consideration. The bass of the 312 is MUCH better than the GamuT.

So if you have your 312, do not change for the 625 because Guidocorona prefers the Model 625.
I was supposed to get my DartZeel preamplifier yesterday, but the dealer said that the company has a delay because they got a lot of orders in Europe.

And I need to wait more 2 or 3 months.
But I could cancel my order because it was his fault.

So I cancel the order for the DartZeel.

But the main reason that I cancel the order is because I remenber that you ALL guys said that the LITTLE Capri was ALMOST as good as the Criterion. And as I'm very motivated by my order for the Electrocompaniet AW250R amplifier, I ordered the LITTLE Electrocompaniet EC 4.8 preamplifier.

Even because a review said that the 4.8 came VERY CLOSE to the MBL's top of the line 6010 preamplifier.

So I'll compare the Criterion and the EC 4.8 and I'll post the result here. And also I'll compare the GamuT D200 with the AW250R, because my old GamuT is much, but very much better than my ex-beloved Model 312.

Isvaldo
Guidocorona, I think you was hypnotized by the M625.

Because you want at any cost to believe that the M625 is better than the Model 312.

But the most important thing to me is that until 100 hours the Model 312 was better than the M625, as you have said.

Anyway, what you have said to Optimos about the Model 312 was wonderfull and I start to like the 312 even more.

So, it's great that you start to like the M625 only after 150 hours. Now I love my Model 312 even more.

Isvaldo
I was very wrong.

As I'm going to receive my new preamplifier nex week, I decided to install my old Gamut D-200 MKIII, just to verify how this device would work with the cables I'm using now: Siltech IC and digital, Nordost power cord and the Stealth speaker cable.

Huge, but a very huge difference comparing with my ex-beloved Model 312. I start to listen a more 3D sound, with large and deep sounstage. The stereo sound became amazing.

I could say that now I can listen to music much more time without my mind become tired.

So, now, I've no doubt the M625 is much better than the Model 312.

But, now, I start to think if JRDG are top devices or not.

Anyway, I have ordered the Electrocompaniet AW250R. For what I read, Electrocompaniet are "tube-like" solid states devices, something less "warm" than MacIntosh.

I think that the AW250R will be a wonderfull match with my cables and my dCS sources, because they will open the dark side of the AW250R.

Something in the analogic direction.

Isvaldo.
After I listen to the sound of the Electrocompaniet 4.8 preamplifier I could say that the Criterion is really a wonderfull device with his incredible transparency.

And I want to like better the 4.8, because I have bought the Electrocompaniet AW250R as well, but I couldn't.

Anyway the AW250R is amazing.

Sorry, because I don't speak a good speak English to write different words that I need for a review.

But the AW250R is much better than the GamuT D200 MkIII and hugely better than the Model 312.

For what I listen, I'm pretty shure that Electrocompaniet is much better than the M625.
I don't need to have a auditioning between the AW250R and the M625 in the same system.

And I think you need to have the courage to move on and change the brand of your amplifier. Yes, the life is made of changes... or the courage of change.

I want to say if the Model 312 was, until a couple of months ago, the joy of the JRDG this treasure is not so good, because the difference to the GamuT and much more for the Electroconpaniet is HUGE.

So what you can expect from the 625?

Electrocompaniet, GamuT and few others are making real joys since many, many years ago.

Like the Navy Seals you need to have courage and move on to another brand of amplifier.

Anyway the Criterion is wonderfull, maybe the best in the world together with 2 or 3 others preamplifiers.

I.

Well... welll.

After 5 days my Electrocompaniet AW250R had a internal problem. As I don't want to fix it for my use, I'm going to sell the amplifier together with the 4.8 preamplifier.

So I'm going, slowly, to pay attention to the M625 as I have the Criterion.

But after I heard the sound of the GamuT and AW250R I'm afraid that JRDG hasn't the "feeling" and the "finesse" to make a "sweet for the ears" amplifier.

I mean something warm, because I find out that you can spent more hours listen to the music without become tired with a little bit warm sound.

Sorry my English, but I think the opposite word for warm in audio is Analitc. IMO the Model 312 has a analitc sound and a prefer a litle bit ( not too much ) warm sound. I don't want the M625 with a analitic sound.

Anyway, If anyone knows could tell me, please, the 625's Maximum Power Consumption at 4 ohms? Because I didn't find it in its specifications.

Isvaldo
Cappuccino, you post while I was writing my prior post.

When I choose to buy the AW250R was because I did a research in Internet. For what I find out, "the AW250R is more musical", the words people use to talk about this device, than the others EC models.

And it's true, because when I went to the EC dealer, I didn't like the AW180 and the AW400 as I have like the AW250R.

IMO the AW250 is more musical as they say in Google. Wonderfull device.

But the mine has broken after only 5 days.

About the Model 312, maybe the difference for the AW250R is because the Model 312 is Class D, and it's true when people say worse things about Class D amplifiers.

I hope the M625, a Class A or Class AB, I don't remember, has the "warm stuff I'm searching for a amplifier"

Isvaldo
I had luck when my Electrocompaniet broke after 4 days. I decided to listen to the latest GamuT D200i. It was a very pleasure audiotining. The D200i is much better than my old D200 MKIII and better than my Electrocompaniet AW250R.

The combination of my GamuT with the Criterion is wonderfull.

I recommend everyone listen to the GamuT D200i before buy the M625.

Isvaldo