RMAF 2016................Boenicke W5

I spent quite awhile in the Boenicke/Sotm room at the show and was quite taken aback on how musically engaging the W5's were. They ooze a musical timbre that was simply stunning. Considering how diminutive they are (no bigger than PC speakers) they produce a big sound stage. To my ears they are a true Hi-Fi bargain at a paltry $3600 a pair when they are compared to some speakers that cost many times  more and are not in the same league as these miniature mighty marvels. There were a few speakers at the show that nearly made my ears bleed and my wallet to hide........

Anything float your boat at this years show?

128x128gawdbless
Thanks bless.  Love the name ;)....lol....

I have a lot of Vandersteen friends if you would and a few have mentioned the Boenicke as speakers they would have on their short list a long with the Vandy's.  I'll get to hear them one of these days.  Personally, I can't live without a full range or nearly full range speaker anymore.  Once you have it, you want it.  I'm listening longer than I ever did when I has stand mounts even when they were larger boxes.
I had to read some reviews before posting. Being an open minded individual and based on what I read, they seem to be priced appropriately. The way they're milled is rather impressive in itself. Thanks for sharing.
One could pay a shed load more of the green paper and get (musically) a whole lot less. I failed to mention the pairing of Sotm gear running with the W5's. It was a completely random pairing, and I think they paired very well together.
My Treo's in the CT version go for 8k I believe.  They would go against the W11 and cost a bit less.  I'd love to hear them in a similar system.  I may seriously look for a dealer in NYC.  Does anyone know of any?

I read in the Stereophile Show Reports online, one of their folks heard them and liked them as well.