Riser for record player on top of receiver?

I just got a receiver, record player and speakers.

I was thinking of putting the record player on a riser above the receiver.  Anyone have suggestions for any, and thoguths on how high it should be above the receiver, so the receiver has proper ventilation?

It's a Marantz 2245 receiver.
128x128schadeyacres
You really should never put anything (especially a turntable) on top of a receiver.

The receiver has a transformer that can cause EMI noise and like mentioned above, RFI from the tuner section.
OK thanks all!  What about building a shelf above the receiver, say a foot or two above.  Is that also a bad idea b/c of the heat and potential interference?

I am only asking cuz I live in NYC and have a small apartment, so space is a premium!  I wish I could share a photo of the area I'm dealing with.
What about building a shelf above the receiver, say a foot or two above. Is that also a bad idea b/c of the heat and potential interference?
That should work fine.  As long as it's a foot or two above the receiver.  Use at least a 1 inch or even a 2 inch thick piece of shelving material, you should have no problem.  Make sure you leave enough space above the receiver so it doesn't get hot and has plenty of ventilation.