Rega planet 2000 Re: Size of RCA out - Help

Dear Sir,

Attn: Rega Planet 2000 User

I am in the process of upgrading my cd player(Yamaha cdc506), and have precluded that Rega Planet 2000 be my next cd player. But I have got a serious issue.

My current interconnects are Ixos gold 1000, its adaptors are HUGE to the point I had to use right angle rca adaptors so as to connect the interconnects to the cd-player. I went to Rega's website and downloaded Planet's manual and confirmed that the proximity between each RCA outs (i.e., Red and White)are rather tight... I am afraid if my Ixos interconnects wouldn't fit in it...and that had to use the ugly right angle adoptors... that would be a nightmare indeed...

My question therefore is: Could someone measure(in metric scale preferred)the outer furthest points of two rca circles [i.e., >O O<] The Yamaha CDC506 has got only 2.3mm of separation while I at least need 2.4 ~ 2.5mm of separation in order to use the interconnects w/o any adopotors.
regards,

Sincerely,
ipous

Showing 1 response by willobandb

Got this from the Rega Website: www.rega.co.uk . If you are in the US, try the distributor. I am sure they will be helpful.

Cogent Inc.
Steve Daniels
Mike Pranka
11140 Petal Street
Suite 350
Dallas, Texas 75238

Retailer contact info:
Steve Daniels
Tel: 972 234 0182
Fax: 972 234 0249
E-Mail:[email protected]

Rega owners support: