Q for any Luxman L-509X owners

For anyone with experience with the L-509X - does the "Separate" button work on your remote?

All of my remote buttons on the RA-17A remote are working except the Separate button - it doesn't work. I have to walk across the room to push the "Separate" button on the unit. 

Just wondering if I should contact Luxman about a replacement remote or if this is just the way it is?

Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjsqt
Gregh you are missing my point it is not about getting into a pissing match with you or anyone else, it is about blanket statements, like sure the dealler knew what they were doing with X Y or Z.

The point we were trying to get across is Naim is not like any other brand of audio gear their philosophies are different, even companies who make products with external power supplies, nobody does the star ground through the external power supply concept which Naim does in their higher end separates and very few high end American wire companies make din to din cables.

At Innovative audio 20 years ago and discovered Nordost Nordost cables we had them make a custom din to din cable for Naim took out the crappy Naim cables and all of a sudden the Naim gear had a real image with the Naim cables it was flat sounding.

Then there is the different power supplies you can run a Naim NAC 272 preamp/dac with its internal power supply or 3 different power supplies when used with a XPS 2 a $6k power supply the sound of a 272/250 amp package goes from very good to an entirely different level of macro dynamics, soundstage depth and liquidity.

Many Naim dealers don’t use upgraded power cords or use the inferior Naim powerline power cables,or don't believe  in  conditioners either hence the stupid belief in passive strips can only be used with Naim gear.

We have a customer with a Isotek sigmas with a Syncro power cord and all wireworld power cables 272/250/xps 2 combo with a pair of ATC SCM 40 loudspeakers and this $30k system blows the doors off of many much more expensive systems playing classic rock on this system you would swear you were in the studio it is that realistic.

So to recap, many Naim dealers don’t have the experience with the brand and believe that only Naim cables must be used.

Many Naim dealers don’t use aftermarket power cords or power conditioners.

Many Naim dealers show products with the wrong or without power supplies on certain products.

We would invite you to visit our store and hear our reference Naim setup with a DR 300/NAC 282/NDX 2/Supercap and an XPS2 power supply wired up with Wireworld speaker cable with AQ power cables, we think you would be mightly impressed.

We are also not saying the Luxman gear isn’t great it is, it is just that you may not have really heard the Naim.

We have also found that AQ cables are not necessarily the best match with certain components as they tend to spotlight higher frequencies for Naim other than the Din to Din cables or Din to XLR we use a custom Wirewold RCA to Din plug.

We have found that the new AQ power cables are fantastic and work wonders with Naim which power cables were being used?

Also which Naim components were in that $28k stack?

Like we have said before it is about synergy yesterday we did a home demo of Paradigm Persona 3F with a Naim 272 preamp/dac and a 250 dr no external power supply, Wireworld Silve Eclipe speaker cable, custom Platinum Wireworld inteconnect, an Audio Magic power conditioner and 2 AQ Hurricane power cables and the sound was fantastic, not a hint of brightness, huge soundstage, very deep bass and great dynamics on the little Persona 3F in a big room.

The sound was so good, the client decided to upgrade to the Persona 7F on the same Naim stack.

High end audio is like fine cooking you have a lot of variables and the same dish prepared differently from 3 world class cheifs will still taste differently you will prefer one given the choice but they will all be unique in certain attributes.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Post removed 
Just to confirm, the "Separate" button on the Luxman remote DOES work, you just have to do a hard press. Really enjoying the convenience since I discovered this tiny operational detail.
I know the dealer that Greggnh was talking about. And to intimate that John the owner doesn't know what he's doing is laughable. I've been dealing w/him for about 25 years. He's one of the top KEF and Paradigm dealers in the country. Paradigm last year awarded him dealer of the year. Your not the only chef's on the planet.
Hi,

I got my luxman L509x last April and am very happy with it, it drives my Dynaudio Sapphires well and have heard more detail and soundstage improved a lot.
I have a question though, I have a michell gyro dec SE edition and a Denon DL 103r cartridge, and when using the luxman's MC phono stage I find that I need to put the volume quite high, has anybody experienced this,

Cheers and greeting from sunny Malta