Problem with Ref 5SE

I recently purchased a 5se and took delivery the other day. Did not get a chance to open it up until last night. Upon installing it into system I switched it on and after it warmed up, I was very much interested in hearing how it sounded against my current 27. After listening to several tracks with the 27 I switched pre's and after a couple of minutes playing a CD I got some noise, almost a loud static sound coming from the right channel. It was not effected by changing volume controls or input selector. It went away after 10-15 seconds and then returned. At that point, as it was late, I shut everything down and figured I would take another look in the morning.

This morning I removed the top cover and pulled and reset the output tubes and then the power tubes. I fired it back up and still had the 'static' sound but now it also had a humm, like an impedance type hum and constant. I do not believe that the humm was present last night as it is quite noticeable. 

The static type load noise seemed to have abated after the unit warmed up after maybe 15-30 minutes.

Can I assume that perhaps a tube was damaged during shipping? Do you ARC guys think a new set of tubes will fix this issue or am I looking at something more severe? Any additional suggestions to try and pin this down?

I rerouted the IC going to the amps to get them further away from source IC's and no help...

I am a little bummed, as my initial impression it that it is a leap from the LS27, my current...
128x128stevea11757
I made the same upgrade from an LS 27 to a Ref 5 SE and it is a significant upgrade. It also seems like it is a better impedance match for the Ref 75 (now Ref 75 SE).

I would contact the seller and see if they would be willing to cover the cost of repairs or split them. This is a small hobby and many people are understanding - we've all had a problem. 

4 years ago I had an issue with the power supply in a VSi60. When the amp warmed up I got an owl sound. It turned out two resistors in the power supply had gone bad. I think they charged me for two hours of labor which included a chassis repair (my dad dropped the box while helping me move) plus return shipping. You're looking at $200-$300 plus shipping both ways.

I don't know your financial situation, but it you're buying this kind of gear you aren't worried about putting food on the table. Hopefully you don't need to sell the LS 27 right away and can let ARC fix the issue.
I agree with testpilot, only two things could be the answer.

1. The unit was damaged in shipping. Considering that the unit was shipped with the tubes still in the unit it is entirely possible that this was the cause. 
2. The problem was already a issue when sold (really hope this is not the case). 
But ether way it is the sellers responsibility to make this right.
The seller had a lot of positive feedback, which I checked on before I purchased. He has been available during the entire process and I am currently waiting for a reply since I just found out that the issue was larger than tubes last night. I contacted two two ARC authorised service shops that are local to me and will be calling a little later today, since the issue was in shipping I do not feel like giving the shipping company another shot at it. High End Audio Repair and New York Audio Repair are both authorized shops and a half hours drive from me. Both seem to have good feedback here and elsewhere.

Fortunately I am not pressed to sell off the 27 as it was going into second system replacing a 17se, which was headed to my work system. There the Quicksilver would either be retired, sold off or kept as a spare.

Shipping large heavy pieces of equipment seems to be a real crap shoot as a brand new PSA P20 has arrived with an issue with the remote sensor. Have contacted PSA hoping for a quick fix but this also seems to be a victim of rough handling. As it is fully operational except for the remote and just a pia to go thru the menus again not feeling like sending it back as it now resides on the second floor and required help to get it there.

Really not feeling the holiday spirit.... 
Seller has started the claim with shipper, so he is holding up his end. Other than being disappointed I fully expect that this will end up working out in the end.