Pre-amp for a NYAL Moscode 300?

Hi all: I am about to receive A NYAL Moscode 300 amp, which is good. I don't have ANY technical info whatsoever for this old guy, though, and can't find any data on the web. This is not good, since I can't pre-amp shop without knowing the impedances, etc. Anyone know this amp at all, or can suggest a suitable pre-amp? I think it's likely going to want a solid state pre, and I'd like an integrated mm phono stage (it's a secondary system, so I don't need real high end off the phono here) but it's not critical. I am also considering something like a used CJ PV10A or PV10AL with outboard phono pre as an option, but again, without the data I'm kinda stuck. Thanks for any help you can provide! chas
costrosk362c

Showing 1 response by avguygeorge

Costrosk; I still have my Moscode 600. After all these years,it has never had /needed a repair. I did have the rcas and binding posts changed out."Great" sonic benifit, Don't know why it came with such "budget"ones;but think about it down the road.Also,try leaving it on for a couple of days in a row and "see" how much better it sounds the second day.(don't know why,but you could be surprised) I would also check out the tubes. I assume the 300 and 600 have similar tube compliments.The 6dj8's on the ends,have more effect than any of the other tubes. Maybe get some good low noise 6922's. Moscode was a pretty good price/ performance for the $$ 15 years ago.I first had a CJ pv6,then an AR sp9, then Encore 2010-2;each in the listed order a great step above the other. Enjoy.