Pink Floyd in 24/192

I have the Pink Floyd catalog in 24/192 files from last fall's release and share my overall opinion

aberyclark

Thanx. I did not know they made a remastered box set of CDs. I might put that on my Christmas list, thanx. 

The discovery set came out in 2011. I'm not certain if its still in print. Apparently Amazon (or Amazon seller) still has 20 new boxes

I bought a few of the 2011 CD remasters. I think they're quite good, don't know what sampling rate they were mastered at. I do prefer the original DSOTM as well as the Japanese triangle issue.

I'm checking out The Final Cut on Qobuz and its much better than the last time I heard (lesser resolution).  Is there a reason why The Wall and DSOTM is at the lower resolution (96 kHz/24 bit)?

I have scene these but have not tried them as of yet. I have the SACD for DSOTM (both the original release & the resent Acoustic Sounds) and Wish you Where Here. There is supposed to be a Acoustic Sounds SACD release of Animals but Rodger and Dave keep bitching at each other of liner notes so who knows.

My concern over the HiRes downloads would be what is their providence. For example.

1. Up sampled versions of the James Guthrie CD remixes?
  2. Versions based on Hi-Res files used as the source of the CD releases
  3. Hi Res files used to cut the vinyl releases.
  4. Something else

These has been a rumored SACD for The Wall as well but James Guthrie has said the multitracks are in such poor shape it would be very difficult to create a new stereo mix and even more difficult to create a surround mix. 

I have purchased most of the vinyl releases over the last few years and have been very happy with those. If the HiRes versions are based on the cutting files for the vinyl release they should be good but that us a big if.