Peter Lederman in Second Bout With COVID-19

I saw on Facebook late last night that Mike Fremer told one of his Audio Friends that he heard from Peter Lederman of Soundsmith that he is suffering his second round with COVID.  Peter said he has blood clots on his lungs. That is all the post said.  Here is hoping that Peter pulls through with a full recovery. 
128x128stereo5
@retipper 

Thanks for letting us know, Peter. It's a relief that you are in the process of recovery.
retipper,

Is it ok to assume that this second bout was also confirmed by a PCR test?

In any case, we are all rooting for your speedy recovery.
It's a cautionary tale that you and your people got so sick, despite such heroic precautions.
Peter, no, the ( much more than 6) women (and men but mostly women) who had clotting problems after the JJ (and the AZ) vaccine were not virus-infected. They had a very rare auto-immune reaction to their own platelets due to the fact that adenovirus binds to platelets. What you seem to have had is exceedingly bad luck plus possibly a second infection with a virus that escapes the immunizing effect of the Pfizer vaccine, which is typically very protective even after only one dose. The ongoing data for the vaccines otherwise suggests that vaccinees constitute way way less than 1% of those developing clinical illness, let alone the severe disease you suffered. Which is why I’m wondering about an escape mutant virus. Most if not all of the “variants” that you read about every day are not fully resistant to the vaccine effect.  Which is to say vaccinated persons are most likely protected from them. (We don’t yet have a surrogate test for efficacy which is why I’m not making absolute statements. The surrogate will probably be some level of neutralizing antibody in blood.)
@retipper, just wanted to wish you the best and good to hear you got your dog back, hoping he is getting better also. Enjoy the music