Path of signal from turn table to speaker

Hi all, if you could humor a fledgling "audiophile" still learning... can anyone specify how a signal get from a turntable to the speakers? My understanding is that pure analog circuits are for many reasons not common. This means that the signal must first be converted by an ADC (analog to dig convertor). This signal then travels through the amp circuitry and eventually reaches a DAC which then outputs to the speaker. Is this decently accurate?

The second part of this question relates to how an amplifier can affect this signal. I have a rega preamp so I don't need an amp with a phonostage. If this is the case I have a hard time understanding how one amp will differ from another for record playback. I know that amps all differ in there capabilities but the basic formula does not change. Analog signal to digital and then back to analog. When purchasing an amp for records... should i basically just purchase for that amps capabilities and nothing else from the input standpoint?
jwl244
Hi all, if you could humor a fledgling "audiophile" still learning... can anyone specify how a signal get from a turntable to the speakers? My understanding is that pure analog circuits are for many reasons not common. This means that the signal must first be converted by an ADC (analog to dig convertor). This signal then travels through the amp circuitry and eventually reaches a DAC which then outputs to the speaker. Is this decently accurate?

What a nightmare, please awake.

I know that amps all differ in there capabilities but the basic formula does not change. Analog signal to digital and then back to analog.

If you’re living in a digital world please try to understand the digital wasn’t there when your parents or grandparents enjoyed vinyl, reel to reel to cassettes. How about those amps? Ever heard about tube amps? :)

First digital device appeared on the market in 1982 and it was a CD player.

First class-T (or class D) digital amp invented in 1996, read here. Those class-d are the cheapest amps available today, mostly from China. This is only ONE specific kind of an amp which you can call a digital amp.

The rest of the amps (except for hybrid amps) are 100% analog, not digital.

When purchasing an amp for records... should i basically just purchase for that amps capabilities and nothing else from the input standpoint?

An amp for record is a phono preamp (aka phono stage) with RIAA correction. The rest of the Hi-Fi amps are for line level signal, so you can connect everything direct, except for the MIC.

Now we have many different amps on the market: tube amps, solid state amps, hybrid amps, chip amps aka class-t ...

If you want to enjoy vinyl stay analog (100%), signal picked up by the phono cartridge is analog signal, you don't have to convert it to digital at all. All you need is to reproduce 100% analog signal using a cartridge, tonearm, turntable, phono stage, amp, speakers. They are all analog devices.  

What kind of ''signal'' is coming from TT? Without cartridge there
will be no signal at all. Then different kinds of cartridges have
diffrent ''signal''. Connecting MC cart to an MM input will not
produce ''desired signal''. As mentioned so often : ''it depends...
Inventing questions is differetn kind of  thinking than answering
questions. 
Thanks to everyone for the answers. It has helped me clear of things up. I mistyped in my post as well. I have the rega TT- rega phono- CXA81 then speakers. Reading all your responses I realize my question has been more about the last path through the amp. I thought that last part would necessitate processing through the amps DAC as the final step before stereo output. If not then it would seem any amp should do decently through this circuit assuming power needs are met. Other sites i have read have always suggested the amp is not a "silent" partner and will greatly alter the final signal. 
 I thought that last part would necessitate processing through the amps DAC as the final step before stereo output.

It has nothing to to with turntable and analog signal. 

If you're listening to digital source then you need a DAC.

For analog source you don't need a DAC at all (it's nonsense).

You need DAC only if you want to convert your records to a digital files for use on your computer or media player. 

The amp must be matched to the speakers, there are low power amps and high power amps. There are also low efficient speaker and high efficient speakers. A low power amp designed for high efficient speakers only. 

Everything will affect the sound, even your room size.
Well no Chakster not quite nonsense. Controversial maybe. My system is digitally controlled. I use full spectrum room control, frequency response alterations and digital bass management. This is all done in 48/192.
In order to use my turntables in this system I have a Benchmark ADC on the output of an ARC phono amp which converts to 24/192. 4 channels of DAC revert all to analog right in front of the amplifiers. So with High Res files I am digital all the way to the amps. 
According to Michel Fremer 24/192 is invisible. He converts Vinyl to digital files routinely using the same program I use, Channel D's Pure Vinyl.