Pass X-series preamp with Adcom GFA-5802 amp?

Hello all,
I am still working on a list of relatively budget components for a secondary system.
I recently bought a Pass Labs X-2.5 preamp.
I would now like to find a budget power amp that would match up well with it sonically, and at least have some natural synergy with it.
I really cannot afford any of the Pass Labs power amps.
The top Adcom amps interest me because Nelson Pass helped in their circuit lay-outs.
I love the sound of Mr. Pass's circuit designs!
I do realize that the Adcom amps are probably a big step-down from the Pass Lab amps, sonically and build-wise, but I do not want to spend alot of money on an amp right now.
I have never heard the Adcom GFA-5802 power amp, but I am interested in it because it can be bought used very cheaply, and because its circuit lay-outs were also designed by Nelson Pass.
I would imagine, therefore, that their should at least a LITTLE synergy in their sound?
I want a smooth sound that is still dynamic, detailed, and open, but without harshness or brightness.
Has anyone out there ever heard a Pass X-series preamp mated with an Adcom GFA-5802 power amp?
If so, how well do they match up together?
And, please describe the sonic qualities when they are combined together.
I would also imagine that the Adcom GFA-5802 would sound more open and detailed, especially at the frequency extremes, more dynamic, and have better imaging with the Pass X-2.5 than it would with the Adcom GFP-750 preamp.
Any comments on this?
Thanks everyone!
audio_girl

Showing 1 response by bigkidz

Buy the Adcom 555 power amp and later have the amp modified starting with the internal wiring (super wire or whatever it is called. Get some AC filtering in the system and sit back and enjoy.

Happy Listening.