Pairing MA 5300 with Large Advents for 900 sq ft apartment?

After 30 years living in a house on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland, I'm moving to a 1 BR apartment in Astoria NY. It's 900 sq ft, with a large living room (about 20 by 30) and I want to equip it with a good audio system.  

I have Large Advent speakers, Canton small Karat 30 speakers and McIntosh L320 speakers in my MD house.  

Wondering which to take?  

Thoughts?

Paul
paulinastoria

Showing 1 response by rar1

Welcome to Astoria.  It's a great neighborhood.

So ... where do you live ... how old is the building?  Astoria is in an old neighborhood with many pre war (that's WWI, not necessarily WWII) buildings.  What floor do you live on?  A 20 X 30 living room is a nice size, must mean the bedroom is small.  

Try to place your speakers on the non-common wall.  When I lived on 35ST in Astoria (1st floor apartment), I kept both my main stereo (living room) and smaller bedroom systems on the wall that was shared with the lobby.  My building was a 100 year old apartment house, so it was a plaster affair not sheetrock.  There was some sound leakage, but not a lot.

I had my speakers ( EPOS 11s) on bookcases.  If you use stands, you can always place them on cork/ rubber anti vibration tiles.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTech-MP-12E-E-V-A-Anti-Vibration-Pad-12-x-12-x-7-8

I would take the Advents and the MACs.  Or try something like the Zu Audio Dirty Weekenders.  

Rich (in Forest Hills)