Overkill for small room

Hello all - long time lurker, first time poster. I've enjoyed reading so many of these posts, and I feel like I'm learning so much from you guys. Thank you for that.

I am strongly considering a pair of Dynaudio 20i - I am aware they require serious amplification - but I suspect that they'll be too much for a small room

Room specs: (11 wide by 14 long, normal ceiling height with acoustical tile, carpet tile covering one entire wall, wall-to-wall carpet on top of cement slab, no basement).

Am I nuts? 

Thank you in advance.

letshearit

Check out the room in my profile; its 13’x11’. I’m using Contour20s powered by a McIntosh 352 IA, 200 watts. Note: I was also using two subs but have since removed the subs from the set-up. They simply weren’t necessary with the deep bass range of the Contour20s. I do have the Contours mounted on the Dynaudio stands with tubes filled with sand for added weight and density.

My speakers are 3’ from both the back wall and side wall and I use sound material on the wall directly behind my seating position. I totally enjoy this space.

Plus one on the Special 40’s.

Oh, and if you’re nuts, welcome to the club.😁

I concur on room treatment, I have an even smaller room with decent size dipole speakers, adding sound treatment to various locations made a huge difference. 
GIKacoustics offers free room treatment advice which I found very helpful. 

I own the Contour 20i's and drive them in a small room with a 25W, Class A, First Watt M2...they sound GREAT. Plenty of dynamics, tight bass, and power at all volumes. These are not that hard to drive. And btw, my amp has a damping factor of 20...zero issues with bass control.

I will pile on and applaud your excellent choice.  They should work well in your room size, set up on proper stands and positioned with care.  You don’t say whether you have electronics, nor what you expect in terms of dynamics, but a pair of 7” woofers cannot be expected to deliver limitless impact no matter the amp.  I would start with a 50-100W high current model. Given the price range of the speakers, a used Michi integrated might be a good place to start.