Opinions - TD-125 vs MMF-7

Debating moving from the more modern Music Hall to the classic Thorens. The Thorens has the SME 3009v2 arm. Have a Goldring Eroica HOMC on the MMF, and a Koetsu Rosewood in storage, but don't think either will be a good mate on the SME.

Anyone have thoughts on whether this would be an upgrade, downgrade, or lateral move? My guesstimate is the latter.
inscrutable
Check out Vinyl Nirvana. They specialize in restoring Thorens. I bought a 125 mk2 with a new plinth & SME M2-9 I am extremely happy.
Post removed 
I would think that a modded out 125 could and would out perform the mmf7. New plinth....New arm.....and an assortment of other tweaks will get you a stellar performer. I modded a 166 and liked it so much I sold my Well Tempered.
Agree. Oracle Delphi will do better job than both you have.
Never had the chance to play with VPI Classic though.
I thought about it, but before I put $500-1000 in a second table, I'd sell the MMF and put all the $ toward a much better solo - like a used VPI Classic or Oracle Delphi (miss my old one), and get a cheaper vintage for the retro look to go with some vintage electronics I have.
I like vintage designs and I like TD-125, but it won't match quality of MMF-7 no matter what cartridge you're going to use.
Why don't you use both?
I use both modern Michell/technoarm with/Shelter 501 vintage Empire 698/AT 5001/Shure V15mxr.