New TT for ~$1500

My birthday is coming up and I will be asking for a *new* TT. Budget is up to $1500, but preferably closer to $1k. I would be comfortable pitching in another few hundred $$$ for a good cartridge if I get a table without one. Was thinking:
Rega P3, maybe P6 if I really stretch the budget (that'd be over my $1500 mark)

MoFi StudioDeck
Clearaudio Concept (I have a lead on a lightly used one with low hours, bundled with an Artist V2 cart, but might make gift giving awk)

Pro-Ject X2 w/ Sumiko Moonstone

Any thoughts?

tas236
Interesting, nice TT.

It seems Pioneer used the model # PL-50 more than once, both belt and DD units are to be found.
Technics 1200/1210Gr. Resale value is much better than most any budget belt drive TT. The Technics is good enough to be the last TT ever purchased for majority of people. 
I'll second Chaksters recommendation on the vintage cartridge.  I have a Audio Technica ML150 OCC moving magnet cartridge and this thing rocks. Current MM manufacturers don't hold a candle to this kind of build quality.  I used to have a Ortofon 2M Black on a VPI Scout 1.1. Never could warm up to the sound and I'm pretty sure it was the cartridge and its shibato stylus that was the culprit.  The 2M Bronze doesn't behave this way.  It just wasn't my cup of tea and other users mileage may vary. 
I'll second Chaksters recommendation on the vintage cartridge. I have a Audio Technica ML150 OCC moving magnet cartridge and this thing rocks. Current MM manufacturers don't hold a candle to this kind of build quality. I used to have a Ortofon 2M Black on a VPI Scout 1.1. Never could warm up to the sound and I'm pretty sure it was the cartridge and its shibato stylus that was the culprit.

Now you see Sam, some of them are real killers, i can imagine if you will ever try the AT-ML170 OFC or AT-ML180 OCC :) 

Shibata is great profile, but the cantilever is important and the generator is important, there is nothing new in the Ortofon 2M series that some nice vintage MM cartridges can't beat. 

AT-ML with its MicroLine stylus profile is a low moving mass design, thanks to Beryllium Pipe cantilever (not available anymore for cart manufacturers) and tiny diamond. 

Enjoy.