Need last minute thought before ink the contract on Theater System Upgrade

Hi All. It's time to upgrade to 7.2.4 Atmos and I basically nailed down all the main components...but before I ink the contract this Saturday, would like to get last minute thought.

• AV Processor. Anthem AVM60 (I like the Marantz AV8802 but was told Anthem has better room correction than Marantz). Fact?
  • Multi Channel Amp - Either MC207 to match with my current MC205 OR
  • Save money by going to Anthem PVA7 + PVA4? Will sound quality be so much different?
  • B&W Cinema 7 CWM In Wall Speaker x 5(L.C.R. Side Surround)
  • B&W Cinema 7 CCM In Ceiling Speaker x 4 ceiling + 2 rear surround angled
  • JL Audio Fathom 110v2 x 2 units (about 950sqft of open area shared with kitchen and family room)
  • Cable...this is the one I debate a lot. Will the Audioquest standard 16 Gauge speaker cable is sufficient enough for the system?
  • Interconnects - RCA is sufficient or XLR is recommended? Price will be the same for the Audioquest series I picked or any Best Buy brand RCA will do as good as the audioquest?

If I get the Anthem Amp, then I can move the current AV8801 + MC205 to my bedroom and add 5 speakers.

If i get the MC207, then I will need to buy a 5 channel amp for my bedroom. Worth doing it with MC207 or not much difference in sound quality?

Cable Cable Cable???

Thanks and look forward to your opinion.
sautan904

Showing 1 response by rshad0000

Congrats on your new system!   I'm sure you are excited...I would be.

On the cabling I would go with XLRs whenever you can.   Also I would use 12 gauge in the walls.   You may not need it to be that large of gauge unless it is a really long speaker run, but wont hurt to have it anyway.   I agree with the folks above, cabling(and Power Cords) really make a difference.

Also, you may want to check out Paradigm speakers which typically match well with the Anthem equipment(Anthem equipment sounds great for movies and you cant go wrong).   I personally like B&W, but it wouldn't hurt to check out the options.