Mogami 2549 (Standard) vs 2534 (Quad) etc

HI

Thinking of getting some xlr and rca interconnect cables made Alot of people have suggested Mogami for their lack of coloring and sending exactly what the source outputs. just not sure which mogami  cables..there are soooo many variations.. anyone got input one these?

boomtheroom

Showing 4 responses by retrocrownfan

Question for resident technicians, have heard in several discussions that Wogami cables carry signal with a low capacitance floor. Is that a key thing to low noise? Is that connected to low resistance and /or less current loss over distance? My degree was in anthropology, if I could do the ‘70s over again I’d pick something that would have more to do with this :)

Use W3103 for my Wharfedale speakers and about to swap in W2549 interconnects gathered on-line from several assemblers who offered my various oddball specs…3 ft RCA to 1/4” jack, pairs of 2ft RCA, and a three spade REL cable. FWIW, I believe in cables to the extent that Mogami and Canare seem agreed to offer value as low noise studio and road gear suppliers. My ear is decidedly not golden enough to appreciate the highest end connectors but 45 years in radio and backstage outdoor festival production has tuned me in to the basics of clean signals, good grounds, the value of amp overhead and the reality that good speakers are a must to enjoy music fully, LOL

Same experience with banana clipped 3103 cables into big baffle Wharfedale Lintons. Immediate and noticeable increase in voltage to the speakers. I had to tweak a bit to recover the imaging and sound stage. There was some distortion in my signal chain that was not audible with Amazon wire but came through the bigger cables, I think. Just dialed back my analog preamp level and slightly upped amp attenuation …increased the toe-in a little…and captured some Mogami magic. Best DIY $90 I’ve spent lately!