MIT MH 750 Bi-Wire vs the AudioQuest Rocket 88

I have both cables and would like to know you guys opinion on which speaker wire would you use, a new pair of AudioQuest Rocket 88 Bi-Wire w/72V DBS ($400) or an old pair (12 years old) MIT MH 750 ($1900)? I tried to AB them but it's hard for me to tell the difference. Thanks.
miketuason

Showing 2 responses by krell_man

How did you A-B them? Put in a set and and use them for a week or two. Put in the other set and use them for a week or two. Put the first set back in and give them enough time to settle in.

Do you feel like you're missing something that Set B had, or are you happier with Set A that's in? You own both sets, so there's no hurry to a make a decision.

Chuck

Whenever you switch out cables, it takes a while for them to settle in. It's not breaking in like a new cable, but it's settling in. Give it a day or two.

Don't strain to try to hear a difference, just relax and listen. This really hit me when I compared Virtual Dynamics cables and Stealth. At first the VD cables struck me with what I was hearing. Then I put in the Stealth cables and they didn't have whatever the VD cables had.

But over time, I realized that in my system, the Stealth cables were much better. They were more natural sounding with a layered soundstage. The VD cables didn't have much of a soundstage at all in terms of depth, and that's why I was hearing more of everything, it was all sitting there in front of me. That's impressive but not natural to me. That's just some of the things that might come out for you over time and with patience.

Chuck