McIntosh MC611 (terminal 2, 4, or 8 ohms)to B&W 800d3's

I would like to know when connecting from B&W 800d3 speakers to McIntosh MC611 mono-blocks which (2, 4, or 8 ohms terminal) should I use for best results? 

128x128farne230

8 is just the average….. always always try the other taps and evaluate. You are likely to find the lower tap sounds better w “ light loading “. I first learned this many years ago from the late great Roger Modjeski of Music Reference fame and accomplishment….

My dealer told me to connect to the 8 ohm taps and being the stubborn as# I am I use the 4 ohm since the speakers are rated for 4 ohms. Kef Blades. Idk what the B&W is rated for but try them all if it’s become a distraction. Btw, could you post what pre amp you use? Tky

one look at impedence curves for  most full range multi-way speakers will reveal the absurdity of deafly / blindly / _________ sticking to a number on an output transformer……

I'm thinking about trading my c49 for the c2700, my dealer says the c12000 is audibly clearly better...I'm just not confident my system and my hearing's close enough to justify the big step up. Reading up on the 800D3 I expect the 4 ohm taps will work best. 

I have the 611 mono amps and found the 4 ohm tap was best with my B&W 802D3’s..

I agree with using the 4ohm tap. When I receive my speaker wire I will let you know how it sounds compared to 8 ohm tap.

Appreciate everyone's responses.

Thank you.

Bob