Late to the Party: TVC and ARC VT100??

Hello,
I am considering the use of the Promitheus (ref3) TVC with XLR I/O for use with my VT100MKII. The tube amp has a 200kohm input Z (balanced; 100k se). The source is either my squeezebox or Marantz SA15. I was wondering if there are ANY reports (+ or -) about the pairing of any TVC and this particular tube amp. Oh yeah, I have 1 metre (max)cables from sources, and from pre to amp...
Thanks
128x128dpac996

Showing 1 response by marakanetz

i guess you're not in the good match and i'll explain.

first of all for the normal listening you'd need to turn the volume knob probably closer to 3pm which dictates you will run high signal from your source that might not every time have perfect recordings... hence you're gonna hear more bed recording sectors than you've ever heard before.

second, the dynamic headroom between all components including speakers is very important factor of system synergy.

third, on the low volume levels transients from source might invoke extra distortions in the amplifier itself.

as far as i know ARC make all their preamps high gain and high output exactly imho for the reasons i stated above.

in my understanding the sensitivity of 1.7V dictates the source output to be arround 4V+.