Klipsch Forte ii too bright, or is it my room ?

Help? Certain music makes my ears hurt from my bright sounding Klipsh Forte ii's (Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus), Or is it my room full of glass and tile? Or am I listening too loud (80 db), or my 1970's Pioneer receiver? I just ordered some dynamat to put on the rear of the horns. Some music is good though. I have often though about getting another pair of speakers so I can switch back and forth or run all four depending on the music. Any advise?
128x128peterjc
"...russ69, would a mid-priced tube amp work, +/- $500 ? I could keep the Pioneer for looks..."

Yes a mid price tube amp would work...but mid price for me is 3000 bucks, YMMV. 
you'll never get agreement here..cover the glass and tile, and borrow an amp, and see what you think...
I have Forte I speakers in stock form and they need careful amp/ room matching to not sound bright.
They sound best when I can sit at least 9' away. At around 6' the horns don't seem to develop and sound bright.
A lively room w/ lots of reflections seem to magnify the already lively Klipsch sound.
These speakers seem to like warm and soft sounding amps. Works very well with my current Rega Mira3 amp and a vintage NAD 7225 receiver. I'll bet Marantz amps would be a great match as well as vintage McIntosh. I was surprised that they sound bright w/ my Mystere IA-11 tube amp because of the superb air and spaciousness that it supplies. I think this amp would be a perfect match in a larger well dampened room where you could move the speakers into the room.
Finally toe in plays a big part and these speakers wonderfully large soundstage allows for great sound with no toe in.
If a speaker sounds fundamentally wrong to you, I urge you to not reconfigure all your associated equipment and room to accommodate a speaker that does not appeal to you from the get go.  

Been down that road and the best solution is to start fresh.  For some the Klipsch sound might be the ticket and that's great. For others, don't force a round peg in a square hole.